We did a pretty lousy job of taking photos of our basement when we moved in–mostly because of how horrific it was. It was in general, pretty scary. We definitely needed to make it a more hospitable space.
Although we did want to make it usable, we didn’t have interest in a conventional (expensive) finished basement. Also, basements in our neighborhood can be wet, so we didn’t want to have to rip out carpet and drywall in the case of future issues.
The ceiling was sprayed a matte black, can lights were run throughout, walls painted and trimmed, floor was epoxy coated and exposed conduit was used for the electrical. The hanging panels are now finished and the furniture and rug have been brought down.